Elizabeth Olsen isn't afraid to strip down ... if it's the right part.


The 26-year-old actress graces the cover of the latest issue of Net-a-Porter's The Edit, where she opens up about her decision to go n-ked on the big screen.



In fact, Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett's infamous n-de scenes made the young star feel more comfortable shedding her clothes in 2011's "Martha Marcy May Marlene" and Spike Lee's "Oldboy" remake in 2013.

"I love Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett," she tells the mag. "I remember watching 'Holy Smoke' and thinking that it was so reassuring to see a young Kate doing something that was so bold in so many ways."

"I thought to myself, 'OK, so it doesn't destroy your career if you appear n-de or take risks'," she says, adding, "because not everyone in my family and group of friends thought it was the best idea to be n-ked in a movie."

"You want that voyeuristic quality, but I never feel I have to be n-de," she explains. "And you won't ever see me in a beauty shot in a bikini on a beach. That's a character I will never play."

The blonde beauty -- who is covered up in bohemian-style pieces by Etro, Valentino and Emilio Pucci for the cover shoot -- also talks about growing up with her famous older sisters, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

"My sisters are the most inspiring women to me because of the way they lead their lives," she says of the former child stars. "They're insanely diligent and they taught me that you can do whatever you want if it's your passion and you work hard at it."

Elizabeth even touches on growing up in Hollywood and how she stays motivated in her career. "I've always been aware of what the word jaded meant. Ever since I was a little girl, I remember thinking, I never want to be that," she explains. "I want to live my life with curiosity, always recognizing my luck and good fortune. Because to get to make a living out of your passion is amazing."

Elizabeth Olsen Reveals Why She Went N-ked On Camera, Calls Mary-Kate and Ashley "Inspiring Women"

One thing the actress is passionate about is her upcoming movie, "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

"You don't say no to the Avengers," she says with a smile. "I've never experienced anything like it in terms of scale. We took over several towns in Italy and made them look like they were in the middle of a war. Then we moved the whole set to north London where we took over an old police academy. It was just insane."

"There were real explosions and you could feel the heat of them. And in amidst it all, a guy in a onesie shooting things. I couldn't even make eye contact with that," she laughs. "It was just too weird."