Jessica Chastain may have impressed audiences with her singing in "The Eyes of Tammy Faye," but that doesn't mean it's something she enjoys doing. In fact, she revealed on "The Late Late Show with James Corden," "I would rather do full nudity than sing a song." She went on to explain, "I feel so embarrassed and so just completely out of element and out of my comfort zone ... It's just beyond anything I've ever been comfortable with."


Yet Chastain did find a way to calm her nerves admitting to Entertainment Weekly that she did so by having a drink. She seemingly used that same tactic for another role where she sings on camera as country star Tammy Wynette. "I'm drinking a lot of bourbon — I'm not gonna lie. There's a lot to get over my nerves," she told Corden. It probably also helps that Chastain worked with vocal coaches on both projects as well, and apparently rather intimidating producers. She dished to Variety, "I worked with Dave Cobb, who's the producer who did the 'A Star Is Born' [soundtrack]. That was super scary."

While Chastain may not be comfortable with singing, she is musically inclined in that she does play the ukulele. She even uses music to help her prepare for acting roles outside of just musicals. She explained, per Golden Globes, "I always listen to music when I'm working on characters and what maybe that character would be thinking of."