PREMIUM EXCLUSIVE: Trevor Noah and Dua Lipa Head Out For a Date Night in New York City.



Trevor Noah and Dua Lipa gushed over each other via her podcast the same week they went on their first date.

The South African comedian appeared as a guest on the London-born pop star’s “At Your Service” podcast for an episode that dropped Friday but was actually recorded the same week as their September date.


During the pair’s conversation, Noah, 38, gushed over the “wonderful and gracious” singer, who had equally complimentary things to say about her “amazing” and “very special guest.”


At the beginning of their chat, Lipa, 27, explained that she had recently read Noah’s 2016 memoir, “Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood,” and “absolutely loved” it.


“I found it to be totally moving and occasionally quite funny. It was also the reason I wanted to speak to him for this week’s episode,” she told her listeners, adding that she enjoyed learning about the soon-to-be former “Daily Show” host’s many “dimensions.”



“I see your monologues on TikTok all the time,” Lipa also admitted, going on to note that she and her guest had only ever exchanged brief hellos at award shows prior to their sit-down.


“It really feels like that,” Noah agreed. “One of the greatest gifts and curses of being successful in the entertainment industry is that you get to meet some of the most interesting people in the world, but then if you’re successful enough, you never get to see each other. … So it’s nice to see you like this, I guess, for a change.”


Lipa replied that she was excited to have a “proper conversation to really get to know each other.” “You are obviously very funny,” she said with a giggle, “but your humor is very analytical, and I think that’s also a big reason why people gravitate to you.”


Over the course of their discussion, the entertainers bonded over their experiences growing up outside the United States, the “context” needed to appreciate their respective crafts and the importance of mental health.


While speaking about his own rise to fame, Noah said, “I remember when you performed … I feel like I saw you … were you in Ukraine maybe?” “Yeah, that’s so funny,” Lipa responded. “I was talking about that today.”

Noah recalled watching Lipa perform in Ukraine in 2018. “I remember I was in Ukraine, and then I saw you there, and then I remember you came on to perform, and it was so weird,” the comedian recalled.


“I remember the people were like, ‘Who the hell is that?’ And I was like, ‘It’s Dua Lipa! That’s Dua Lipa!’ And it’s like all these old men who’ve come to watch a football [soccer] game, and they’re just like, ‘Who is this person?’ And now there’s like no one in the world who doesn’t know you.”


During a later part of the episode, Lipa called Noah’s dedication to his education-based foundation “amazing” and “wonderful.”


“It’s been a real pleasure talking to you and getting to know you a little bit more beyond the book as well,” she said as they were wrapping up.

Noah said he hoped to “see her more.” Joking about how they’ll see each other at the next award show “run-in,” Noah shared, “I even said to my friend one day, I said, ‘Every time I see Dua Lipa, it’s at an award show. So now that means if I see her, my life is going well. So now I just hope to see her more so that it means my life is still going exceptionally well.'”


He continued, “You’ve always been really wonderful and gracious. You’ve always been a really wonderful light, just like in the spaces that everybody’s in. So thank you for taking the time. I appreciate you.”

After the pair’s Sept. 28 outing made headlines, an insider told Page Six Lipa was “smitten” on what was “definitely a date” and that she and Noah were in the “very early” stages of getting to know each other.


After sharing an intimate meal at Miss Lily’s — a place of Noah’s choosing — he and Lipa went on a stroll that included hugs and a possible “corner lips kiss.” “There is definitely interest on both ends,” our informant insisted.